How To Start a Claim
First, are you OK? No matter what kind of event you experience--be it a car accident, a tornado or hurricane, or something else--the first consideration should always be the safety and wellbeing of yourself, your family, and anyone else involved.
At The Donna Carrara Insurance Agency, we know accidents and catastrophes are traumatic enough. That is why we take great care in making the claims process as simple and hassle-free as possible. After all, we're dedicated to providing our clients quality insurance policies and superior customer service.
To report a claim during business hours, please call our agency at (954) 473-2022 as soon as possible. We will direct you concerning the next steps in the claims process. Should you need to begin the claims process outside of normal business hours, please contact your insurance carrier directly, then contact us as soon as possible.
Should you be faced with an unfortunate accident, we hope you will find the following information helpful:
Home Insurance Claims
If you have a claim on your home insurance policy, it's critical to contact your Homeowner's Insurance Company FIRST within 72 hours. Make sure you DO NOT hire someone before contacting your Homeowner's Insurance Company, or your claim may be denied.
Automobile & Recreational Vehicle Claims
- Stop your vehicle and move it to a safe place.
- Determine if you or any passengers are injured. Call for medical assistance if needed. If two or more vehicles are involved, do not leave the scene.
- Should the accident involve more than one vehicle or property damage has occurred, call the police.
- Cooperate with authorities and answer all their questions.
- Record addresses, telephone numbers, type and ownership of vehicles/property, insurance information, a description of damages from the other parties. Take photos if you can.
- Get the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of any witnesses.
- NEVER admit fault to anyone.
- If your vehicle must be towed, ask that it be taken to a repair shop of your choice.
- Call our office to report the accident as soon as possible. We will verify your coverage/deductible and then advise you what else you need to do. Or you can contact the insurance company directly.
Automotive Windshield Claim
Property Damage Claims (Fire, Flood, Theft, etc.)
- Call the appropriate authorities should the loss involves theft or vandalism or if someone has been injured.
- Protect your damaged property by making reasonable repairs that can be completed safely to ensure no further damage can occur. For example, secure a tarp on the roof for leaks, cover shattered windows, etc.
- Keep a record of repair costs and retain receipts for these immediate and necessary expenditures.
- Call our office to report the claim as soon as possible. We will verify your coverage/deductible and give you advice on filing the claim with the Homeowners Insurance company.
- Make a list of all items that were damaged or destroyed, including descriptions of the items, original costs, and approximate ages of all items. (Barney Insurance recommends recording your inventory with a video camera and keep receipts or credit card statements for any major purchase, such as appliances, TV’s, etc.)
Company Claim Numbers
Florida Specialty Insurance Company
Heritage Insurance Holdings, Inc.
Federated National Insurance
Prepared Insurance Company
American Colonial Insurance
Avatar Property & Casualty Insurance
Elements Property Insurance Company
Universal Insurance Company NA
Homeowners Choice Insurance
American Integrity Insurance Group
Universal Property & Casualty
Southern Fidelity Insurance
United Property Insurance
National Flood Insurance Program
Kemper Direct Insurance
Universal North America
American Integrity Online
Florida Peninsula Online
Travelers Online Claims
Bristol West Online